Chandler Carr focuses his practice on general business and commercial litigation. He represents plaintiffs and defendants at the trial and appellate levels in matters ranging from contract disputes to class actions.
Chandler has accrued significant experience in insurance coverage litigation in courts across the country, representing corporate and individual policyholders in a wide range of industries and involving all types of coverage. This includes experience litigating bad faith claims. He also has substantial experience litigating ERISA matters and employee benefit disputes.
In addition, Chandler has advised public and private hospitals, physician groups, home health organizations and other healthcare entities on corporate, transactional and regulatory issues. He counsels clients on a variety of complex healthcare issues including fraud and abuse laws and labor and employment matters. He also has proven experience in contract drafting and negotiation.
Prior to entering private practice, Chandler completed his undergraduate studies at Calvin University before obtaining his Juris Doctor from the Pritzker School of Law at Northwestern University, where he participated in the Center on Wrongful Convictions of Youth in the Bluhm Legal Clinic. There, he gained experience representing clients pursuing claims of innocence. He also worked as a legal extern for a large children’s hospital in Chicago.
- Calvin University, B.A. (philosophy) (2008)
- Duke Divinity School (M.Div. candidate, 2010-2011)
- Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, J.D. (2015)
- Northwestern Journal of Law and Social Policy, articles editor
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
Recognitions and Distinctions
- Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, 2024
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri