Jackson Tyler focuses his practice on all aspects of complex litigation, providing clients with a valuable resource in the areas of white collar criminal defense, government and internal investigations, free speech and election law, general commercial, and appellate matters.
Prior to joining Graves Garrett in the summer of 2022, Jackson spent two years as a judicial clerk for the Hon. Zel M. Fischer at the Missouri Supreme Court, where he provided in-depth research, made recommendations, and ultimately assisted in drafting opinions. His previous experience also includes working for the Veterans Clinic and Criminal Prosecution Clinic at the University of Missouri School of Law and interning in the Missouri Attorney General’s Office, specifically in the Criminal Appeals Section.
All of these roles provided Jackson with a strong background in research and writing in addition to beneficial exposure to legal processes. This included drafting amicus briefs in the United States Supreme Court on behalf of the National Law School Veterans Clinic Consortium and handling veterans’ disability benefits issues, drafting criminal appellate briefs for state and federal courts, interviewing and examining witnesses for felony cases and hearings, trial and deposition preparation, and drafting and filing motions in response to petitions for writs of habeas corpus.
Jackson completed his undergraduate studies in English at Truman State University before earning his J.D. from the University of Missouri School of Law. While in law school, he earned the Cali Excellence Award for the Future: Best Work in Lawyering and served as lead articles editor for the Journal of Dispute Resolution.
Civic and Community Involvement
- Trinity Community Church, Worship Leader, 2017-22
- Camp Eagle, Assistant Director of the Wilderness Department and Gap Year Program, 2014-17
- Created a gap-year curriculum for students aged 18-22
- Developed and taught academic curriculum through Colorado Christian University
- University of Missouri School of Law, J.D. (2020)
- Journal of Dispute Resolution: Lead Articles Editor
- Cali Excellence Award for the Future: Best Work in Lawyering
- Excellence in Legal Research Capstone: 2nd Place in Section
- Truman State University, B.A. English (2014)
- Pro Hac across the nation as necessary